MONTHLY TRAILER CONTEST
We're now holding a "Trailer of the Month" contest! Whether it's the trailer to a completed film or one shot purely to promote a project in the works, we're looking to shine a spotlight on trailers that grab attention and don't let go!
All trailers must be in the horror genre and no more than 3 minutes long.
Trailers may be entered at any time while a film contest is open for submissions, However, they will automatically be competing against all other trailers that were submitted during the same calendar month.
If there are not enough entries after a month has passed, submitted trailers will automatically be entered into the following month's contest.
The winning trailer will be featured on our website and social media. Trailers must be uploaded and available to the public on YouTube for us to link to in order to promote them.
While there is no annual contest or grand prize for trailers, we will continue to promote the winning trailers throughout the contest season on our social media outlets.
Trailers must be in the horror genre. This includes psychological thrillers, horror-comedy, slasher, splatter, grindhouse, mumblegore, paranormal/supernatural thrillers, horror-dramas, etc... However, we DO NOT accept fan films. (We feel that those kind of films are infringing on someone else's magic!)
1. Only a director or producer may submit films. The director/producer with the submission of the film affirms that he/she has all the copyrights and/or licensing for the music, audio, video, images and images in the trailer and he/she remains responsible before the law.
2. Running time is limited to 3 minutes.
3. All submissions must be sent via FilmFreeway. Please do not send DVDs, BluRays, or any downloadable files to us directly. Winning trailers will be required to send a YouTube link for promotional purposes.
4. Films must be subtitled in English if in any other language.
5. No hardcore pornography, real death and/or cruelty (animal or human).
6. All submitters must be at least 18 years of age.
7. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be in U.S. dollars. In fairness to all filmmakers, we do not grant fee waivers or discounts.
9. Multiple submissions are accepted but a separate submission fee is required for each trailer. Trailers that have not previously won may be submitted again, but another submission fee will be required.
10. The judges decisions are final and may not be disputed.
11. All entry fees are non-refundable, even in the case of disqualification or withdrawal of an entry. There are no exceptions to this policy. Films that do not follow these rules will be disqualified, so please ask any questions before submitting.
12. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any claim made by you or any third party due to or arising out of project(s) you submit to this contest. You understand that there are thousands of writers and film-makers and the similarities in story, plot, characters, etc... of two or more films are certainly a possibility.